Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Becoming myself

Recently I have been feeling like a new person.

I must admit, I have never been happy with myself.  I have a horrible self image and that drug me down for a long time.  

At times, I would get so depressed that I would sulk for days.  I hated everything about myself.  I was unhealthy and out of control.  I would tell myself that I was just going to be “fat and happy” and basically eat whatever in the hell I wanted to.   Then, every now and then, I would get on a healthy bandwagon and lose 20 or 30 pounds.  I never lost enough to get skinny. I lost enough to feel a little better.  I would get so tired of eating crappy low fat food and working out that I would go back to my old habits.

I am noticing huge changes in my body.  I have collar bones now.  I havent seen them in years!   I am down to a size 12 jeans, wearing lose fitting XL shirts.  I am enjoying shopping for clothes now. 

I am not in this to be super model skinny.. I am in this to look and feel better about myself.  I am 35 years old and damnit its time for me to feel good about myself.   I am doing this for me..and me only.

I am not starving myself, and I am not taking diet pills.  There isnt a miracle drug that is just melting away the pounds.  I am doing it the hard way.  Blood, sweat and tears.  This is my life now.  A life that I will be proud of and will finally be happy with.

2 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you for doing this for the right reasons.

    You are so right there is no magic pill. Losing weight takes a lot of hard work and determination. Remember, losing weight is simple but it's not easy. But you can do this.

    I'm happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!

    You know, sometimes we start diets for all of the wrong reasons. It's like we look at it as a "diet" rather than a journey to better health. But then, once you start one and you realize that you are doing it for *you*.... that's when it all clicks.

    Congratulations on your success! :o)

    ~Kellie

    ReplyDelete